[Version 1.0 17/03/2020]
you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website and place bids.
- Analytical / performance cookies
- They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies
When you visit our website, we use the following third party software to place cookies:
Third Party Analytics Software
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors and users use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors/users to the site, where visitors/users have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
We use the following third party analytics software:
- Google Analytics
- This allows us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. More details can be found on the Google Analytics Privacy Overview (opens in a new window).
Third Party Analytics – Functionality Cookies
We use third party functionality cookies to personalise our content for you and make your browsing experience more convenient.
We use the following third party functionality cookies:
- Google Optimise
- This allows us to test, personalise, and optimise our website in order to deliver the best experience for our visitors.
- This allows us to communicate with our users via live chat and uses analytics to tell us users' browsing history and type of browser they are using.
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- This allows us to track visitor behaviour and tailor email marketing accordingly to provide personalised content.
- This is a survey tool that enables visitors to provide feedback on their experiences on the website. This helps us to understand where and how the website could be optimised.
- This allows us to create themed landing pages for targeted marketing campaigns.
Blocking cookies and opting out
It is usually possible to stop your browser accepting cookies, or to stop it accepting cookies from a particular website. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Further information on how to set your browser’s cookie preferences can be found in the following links:
- Cookie settings in Chrome (opens in a new window)
- Cookie settings in Firefox (opens in a new window)
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer (opens in a new window)
- Cookie settings in Safari Web (opens in a new window) and iOS (opens in a new window)