Auction 353 from 11-12 May and COVID-19
Viewing days and the auction will be held in a different way than you are used to.
>> VIEWING DAYS: The option to visit the viewing days is extended, namely from Monday April 26 to Saturday May 1 (NB we are closed on Tuesday April 27 (King's Day) and Sunday May 2) and then on Monday May 3 to Monday May 10, but ONLY BY APPOINTMENT and every day between 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Only then can we properly comply with all restrictions. You can specify in advance when you want to come and how much time you think you will need. To make an appointment, we advise you to call us: 071-5121067 or 071-5126381.
NB Please do not come to a viewing day or to the auction if you have a cold, have a cough or a fever.
>> We advise you to wear a mask when you are visiting our viewing days and/or auction
>> AUCTION: For those who really have no other choice, it will be possible to take a seat in the auction room during the auction sessions, taking into account the distance of 1.5 meters. Given the available space, the number of bidders will be limited to approximately 12 people. For this too we request that you make an APPOINTMENT.
>> BIDDINGS. You can of course bidin the way you are used to, ie with pre-made bids (on our website or in writing / by telephone), at Invaluable and Lot-Tissimo (via their platforms), and by telephone (depending on the number of available lines).
On our website, photos have been placed with all lots on which a lot can be seen in high resolution of their nature and composition. Should you nevertheless require more information, we will be happy to send you additional photos or provide the necessary explanation by telephone. In short, we will do everything we can to make viewing items easier.
We are fully aware that the restrictive measures during viewing days and auctions again infringe the special atmosphere that you are used to with us. We too regret this very much, but nevertheless we hope that it does not prevent you from pursuing that special book or print.
NB If there is reason to change the circumstances, we will announce this on our website.
Finally: the most important thing is your and our health!
Terms & Conditions
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- All EC-clients purchasing goods have to pay a buyer's premium of 25,4% (incl. all taxes) of the amount for which the item(s) has been knocked down. Non-EC-residents & EC-residents with a VAT-ID-number pay 21% in addition to the amount for which the item(s) has been knocked down. (Notification of VAT-ID-numbers must be given to the auctioneer prior to the sale). Successful live online bids will be charged with an extra surcharge of 5% on the hammer price (Invaluable) and 3% (Lot-Tissimo/The Saleroom). The auctioneer is not responsible for any failures or problems occurring during the auction on the live auction platforms.
- Written bids received by the auction house itself take precedence over bids that reach us via the live platforms. In the case of identical, fixed bids, the buyer is determined by drawing lots. Bids without limit will not be accepted. Written bids, as well as bids by telephone or e-mail, must have been received by the auctioneer at least one hour before the start of each session.
- An estimate in Euro is given for every lot. Bidding starts at ±80% of the given estimate, unless a reserve was made, or two or more written bids are higher. Bid increments: € 5 (0-80), €10 (80-200), € 20 (200-400), € 50 (400-800), € 100 (800-2000), etc. Deviant written bids (e.g. 51, 78, 115, 330, 480) will be changed (50, 75, 110, 320, 450).
- Each buyer is held to buy for his own account and can not claim any commission.
- The auctioneer has the right to withdraw lots from the sale, to unite or to divide lots.
- All goods are assumed to be complete and in good condition, unless otherwise stated. Minor defects, such as small stamps, tickets, labels, smaller inscriptions are in general not mentioned. All books are in 8°, unless another format is given.
- Any item which does not meet the description in this catalogue, may be returned within two weeks after receipt. This guarantee does not cover lots of more than three books or prints, or lots indicated as "Sold w.a.f. (with all faults), not subject to return". If purchasers are prevented from attending the sale personally, the auctioneer will gladly undertake to execute their bids without any charge. Limitless bids are not accepted. Shipping and handling are at the risk and expense of the buyer. Prints will be shipped without glass.
- The Resale Right Act may apply to lots containing original works of art by living artists or by artists up to 70 years after their death with a yield of € 3,000 including premium and VAT. Up to € 50,000, this percentage is currently 4% of the hammer price plus premium.
- Payment is due within two weeks after receipt of the invoice (payment instructions on the invoice). Ownership only passes to the buyer when full payment has been received. Any costs caused by the buyer not complying with these conditions (e.g. collecting fees) will be chargeable to him.
- Netherlands law shall govern the legal relations between the participants in the auction and Burgersdijk & Niermans. The Dutch text of these sale conditions is valid.