H&F International limited
( Jewellery Auction Information )
All Sales Start At 11:00Am Every Tuesday And Run For 7 Days Until 11:00am on the seventh Day All Lots That Have Met Reserve Will end And be invoiced accordingly And All Additional Lot’s will be put in extension until 15:00 that Afternoon all lots that have reached reserve will End and be invoiced accordingly.
Please note if the reserve is met on a lot the auctioneer reserves the Right to Reduce the end time to 10 minutes and invoice you Accordingly once the lot has ended.
( Bid's )
Please note that all bids submitted are Valid even if the reserve is not met They are treated as provisional bids And Are still binding. Also if you have been outbid on a lot the auctioneer reserves the right to Contact you as the underbidder within a 24hr period ( this is not legally binding and is only a offer for the underbidder to have chance to win the lot with the bid they submitted ). please Be Aware of this prior to Bidding.
( Grading System )
Please note we have a grading system in place for Assessment Only. Grade details can be found in terms and conditions and explained in depth. The Lot's Grade will be located on Each Lot Description. These Are For Guidance Purposes Only And we Strongly Suggest that if you have Any doubts Please arrange a Viewing Appointment Before Bidding.
Some Diamond Lot’s Have a Electronic Copy of there grading certificate however some of the information is not provided which is on the original Certificate please use the certificate number which is located on each lot under the description on the grading labs direct website for further information.
( Auctioneer Notes )
If The Auctioneer Feels that there is a minor or major issue with a lot or wants to add more clarity to a lots Description this will be located under the auctioneer notes which is located on every lot description.
( Additional Fees / Buyer's Premium)
Buyer’s Premium For All Lots is 15% + Vat (18% )
( Viewing's )
Viewing's are available up to 48 hours prior to auction ending by strict appointment only please call to arrange a viewing before traveling.
Enquires / Viewing's Number: 01638 453300 ( Option 1 )
( Delivery WorldWide )
All Jewellery & Diamond Lot's Are Free Fully Insured Shipping to Your Nominated Address.
( Collection's )
Once your invoice has been paid you have a 5 day grace period to collect your Winning Lot please arrange this at your earliest convenience . please also note collection's are by strict appointment only If You Come To collect without a appointment you will be turned Away. after 5 days if your Lot has not been Arranged for collection then a One off Administration charge of £75 + Vat will be charged and a £50 + Vat Per day charge will incur until the lot is collected. These additional charges must be paid in full before the lot will be released.
Collection's Number: 01638 453300 ( Option 3 )
( Payment )
( United Kingdom )
Payment is Due no later then 48hrs from the invoice date ( Excluding weekends ) after your invoice has been sent please note that if your payment is not received within the payment deadline then late payment charges will incur as follows a one off administration fee of £75 + Vat and a 1.5% Plus Vat Charge per day will be added on the total invoice amount payable also a storage fee will apply also charged at £50 + vat per day until full payment is made
( USA & Europe )
All payments made from bidders outside of the united kingdom are allowed Three working days for payment to be proceed as it will be a international payment however proof of payment must be provided by the payment deadline provided ( 48hrs From Invoice Date )
( Invoicing )
( invoice 1 of 2 )
Your first invoice will be for Hammer price And The Vat on the Hammer Price if the lot / Lot's are VAT Applicable if not then it will be just for the hammer price.
( invoice 2 of 2 )
your second invoice is sent immediately after your first invoice and this will contain the buyers premium for the Lot / Lot's with the vat added to Buyers Premium
Displayed On Each Invoice will be our vat Number and also the collection address for your winning Lot / Lot's on the top left hand corner.
All invoices will be sent within Thirty Minutes of Each lot Ending.
If any additional information is required to go on your invoice's please make sure it is on your Bidding account prior to requesting the change as we will not change any details without them being present on your bidding account. ( You can change Details threw you bidding account with ibidder.com, thesalesroom.com, liveauctioneers.com )
( Payment Details )
Name of account holder: ( H&F International Limited )
Name of bank:( HSBC )
Account number: 61873024
Sort code: 40-16-10
Swift code: HBUKGB4124D
( Please Note we Are Strictly Bac's Transfer Only )
( Please also note payment details will be on your invoice )
( Contact information )
( Enquires )
01638 453300 ( Option 1 )
( Accounts )
01638 453300 ( Option 2 )
( Collection's )
01638 453300 ( Option 3 )
( Auctioneer's )
01638 453300 ( Option 4 )
Terms & Conditions
Terms and conditions of H&F International Limited (company number 12831626 )
- Our auction services
We provide online auction facility services through which you can bid for lots provided by third parties (the lots being auctioned are not ours). All auctions are to take place online.
We are acting as an auctioneer, and as such we are acting as the agent of the seller of the lots auctioned. We are not responsible for any default by the seller.
It is important that you read and understand these terms before using our services. By accessing or using our services, you agree to be legally bound by these terms, as they may be modified from time to time.
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time. Amendments will take effect when posted on our website. By continuing to us our services, you agree to be bound by any amended terms.
- Registration and qualification to use the Services
- We only provide our services to businesses and not to consumers. Accordingly, by registering with us and by continuing to use our services you confirm that you are doing so in a business capacity only.
- Before making a bid, you will need to register with us by completing the registration form on our home page and submitting it to us. By registering you are making a statement, upon which we are entitled to rely, that you are aged 18 years or older and capable of forming a legally binding contract on behalf of your business. When registering with us on behalf of your business, you warrant to us that you have authority to enter into these terms and any contracts entered into. As a result of these terms on behalf of that business and that by registering with us, that business can enter into and be bound by these terms and any contracts entered into as a result of these terms.
- You are responsible for ensuring that any registration details you provide us are kept up to date and you confirm that you will advise us of any changes in your registration details as soon as possible.
- On occasions certain businesses will be refused access to our services or their registrations may be rejected. Such suspensions and rejections shall be within our sole discretion.
- Every bidder shall be deemed to act as principal unless there is in force a written acknowledgment by us that the bidder acts as agent on behalf of a named principal.
- Information you provide
You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to use any information you provide to us or other users of our services, for example during the registration, or bidding process, and for legitimate business purposes e.g. running credit check on you or your business. Such information shall be accurate and complete, shall not infringe any third party’s rights, shall not contain any viruses or other malicious computer programming routines and shall not link to any other websites. You also warrant that you have permission to provide the information you provide us.
You are solely responsible in all respects for all use of and for protecting the confidentiality of any email verification number and password which may be given to or selected by you for use on our site. You may not share these with or transfer them to any third parties.
- Availability of site
We cannot guarantee that our website will operate continuously or without faults or interruptions or that it will be error free (and we do not warrant the contend of our website, including but not limited to third party content). We exclude all liability in that regard to the fullest extent permissible by law. This could affect bidding or other aspects of an auction or sale.
- General rules governing bidding and buying
- All bids must be provided to us through the iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers platform. Please do not contact us directly with any bids as these will not be accepted. A bid will be placed when received by us from iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers. We will assume that all bids received by us are genuine. Once made, you may not retract a bid without our consent.
- Other than set out in these terms, we do not accept any liability of any nature as a result of any failure by iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers to provide us with accurate information regarding you or your bid, or for failure by iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers to communicate with you regarding your bid and the status of your bid, or for any failure by iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers to provide us with information relating to you or a bid made by you, or for any information on the iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers website (including but not limited to information regarding all Lot’s we are auctioning being inaccurate) or for any faults or lack of availability of the iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers website or for the contents of the iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers website generally.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse any bid placed by you. We will receive your bid from iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers, but will contact you directly if your bid is refused. We will also let iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers know that your bid has been refused by us.
- Each auction will have a start and an end time (bids will not be accepted after the end time). The end time of an auction may only be brought forward in the following circumstances (i) in our absolute discretion (ii) a “Buy it now” price is met in accordance with clause 7.
- If you are the highest bidder after an auction has ended, you must complete the transaction. Any dispute as to any bid shall be settled at our absolute discretion (and we are not obliged to give any reasons for our decision).
- A lot being auctioned may have a reserve price (as shown on the auction page for the vehicle on iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers). In most circumstances we will not advertise what the reserve price is. If the reserve price is not met, then the seller will not be obliged to sell the lot. If you are the highest bidder when the auction ends and your bid equals or exceeds the reserve price, then clause 6.5 of these terms shall apply.
- You're placing of a bid entitles us to rely on your bid and as a result you warrant and undertake that you have the legal right to make such a bid and to enter into any such transaction. By placing a bid you understand that you are potentially entering into a legally binding transaction for the purchase of a lot. Please do not place a bid unless you consider that you will be able to properly fulfil the terms of any such transaction.
- If someone places a bid using your account details we will assume that the bid came from your account, so please keep your account details safe.
- If you bid for a lot, you acknowledge and agree that if you have placed the highest bid (and such bid equal or exceeds a reserve price (if applicable) or you bid a “Buy it now” price (if applicable)), at the point at which the auction ends (or at the point at which your “Buy it now” bid is accepted), a contract of sale will be formed by you and the seller to buy the lot.
- Any contract to buy a lot will be made directly between the you and the seller. We will not be a party to or have any liability of whatever nature under that contract. The sale contract between you and the seller will include the relevant parts of these terms including but not limited to clauses 9.2 and 11. Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 shall be incorporated into the contract between you and the seller.
- Please note that copies of the Auctions (Bidding Agreements) Acts 1927 and 1969 are held at our place of business.
- We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend, cancel or extend an auction at any time.
- After you have made a bid, we reserve the right to request a deposit of £300 from you (to be paid in accordance with clause 10.3). If your bid is successful, then this deposit will be set against any amount you owe for the vehicle. If your bid is not successful, then unless you notify us otherwise by email, we will return your deposit to you in full within 48 hours of the end of the auction
- iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers will keep you updated as to the status of your bid. Including letting you know if someone has put in a bid which is higher than a bid made by you. If you have been successful in your bid, you will be notified of this by iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers. We will also contact you if your bid is successful to provide you with our invoice and information about when to collect the lot, as set out in further detail in these terms.
- The title to the lot purchased shall not pass to you until you have made payment in accordance with clause 10 and collected the lot in accordance with clause 11. Until the title passes, the lot shall remain the property of the seller.
- Buy it now
If a lot is marked “Buy it now” and you bid the “Buy it now” price shown within the timescales shown on the auction page for the lot on iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers, then unless someone else has bid the “Buy it now” price before you, your bid will be the winning bid and clause 6 of these terms shall apply. If you purchase a lot by “Buy it now”, it may not be deemed to be a sale at auction. However, the rest of these terms shall apply, in particular that any contract for the sale of the lot shall be made between you and the seller, and that we shall not be a party to, or have any liability of whatever nature for such contract (even though we will have helped to facilitate the contract between you and the seller, and may assist with matters such as payment).
- Timing of the auction and inspection
- Unless it is stated otherwise in relation to the auction of a particular item, an vehicle auction will usually run from a Tuesday to a Tuesday, with a vehicle auction having a daily extensions. The Jewellery sale will usually run from a Wednesday to Wednesday with no extension passed that Wednesday.
- You can physically inspect a Lot that is up for auction as long as it is on site, after contacting us to make an appointment. Such an inspection shall be limited in its scope and the parameters of the inspection shall be entirely at our discretion. Other than with our consent, such inspection may not take place within 48 hours of the time that an auction is to end. If a lot is “in transit” you can request an inspection report.
- Status of Lot’s
- Any reference to the age of a Lot’s in the particulars relating to it is intended to be a reference to the year of first registration of the Lot’s in the United Kingdom. If the Lot’s was registered in a jurisdiction outside the United Kingdom more than 5 years before it was first registered in the United Kingdom, to the date of its first registration outside the United Kingdom.
- All Lot’s are sold where it is and in its actual state and condition at the point that it is sold in accordance with these terms (being the point that a contract is entered into in accordance with clause 6.9) All Lot’s are sold with all faults and imperfections and errors of description. Illustrations on our website and the iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers website are for identification only. We do not guarantee that any photographs or illustrations of a vehicle are accurate. We do not guarantee that any illustrations of the vehicle on our website or the iBidder, BidSpotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers website will be of the entire vehicle. You should satisfy yourself prior to sale as to the condition of each Lot and should exercise and rely on your own judgment as to whether the vehicle accords with its description. Neither we, nor the seller, or our or their servants or agents are responsible for errors of description or for the genuineness or authenticity of any lot. No warranty is given by us or our servants or agents or by any seller or their servants or agents to you in respect of any vehicle (including but not limited to its state and condition other than as set out above). Any express or implied conditions or warranties (whether statutory or otherwise) relating to the matters set out in this clause 9.2 are excluded.
- If there are any issues which we are aware about in relation to a lot e.g. a mechanical fault, or Fault of a lot we may mention this next the listing of a vehicle for auction. We do not guarantee that we will refer to all or any issues relating to a lot and give no warranty in relation to the accuracy of any comments made (and no reliance should be placed on them). We recommend that you inspect the vehicle yourself before making a bid.
- We may indicate next to the listing of a vehicle lot for auction the mileage and/or operating hours in relation to that vehicle. However, we do not warrant the accuracy of any such information and we recommend that you inspect the vehicle yourself before making a bid.
- We will indicate next to the listing of a vehicle for auction one of the following grades (please note that we accept no responsibility for the accuracy of any such descriptions in relation to a particular vehicle lot’s. We recommend that you inspect the vehicle lot yourself before making a bid.
- Grades. On every lot there will be a grade rating ie Grade , Grade 2, Grade 3. These are H&F International’s limited assessment of a vehicle lot to make bidding / Buy it now easier for the bidder / purchaser to take into account any mechanical faults or faults known or suspected by H&F International.
- Grade 1:
- Vehicle has been assessed to have no dashboard warning lights illuminated, or any known faults from conducting a test drive on our main facility’s service road up to but not exceeding 15mph. There are no leaks coming from the engine bay or under carriage, vehicle has no dashboard service lights illuminated. Vehicles gearbox selects all gears. Clutch is functioning, the vehicle runs and drives. This Grade will also state on lot description vehicle status: Runner.
- Grade 2:
- ( All vehicle lots that exceed 100,000 miles or over three years of age will be assessed as Grade 2 due to the mileage and age of the vehicle lot and may not have a fault present at the time of assessment conducted by H&F International Limited but could develop in time due to the age and mileage of the vehicle lot ) Vehicle lot has been assessed to have dashboard warning lights illuminated / missing dashboard warning lights. A vehicle test drive has been conducted on our main facility’s service road up to but not exceeding 15 mph. minor / major faults have been assessed from the engine bay, gearbox, clutch. It has also been assessed to have minor / major oil leaks, coolant Leakes, electronical faults or component faults mechanised or other .Vehicle runs and drives. This grade will also state on lot description vehicle status: Runner
- Grade 3:
- Vehicle has been assessed as having major mechanical issues from the engine bay, clutch, gearbox, all components that makes the vehicle run and drive. Under this grade the bidder / purchaser will be advised to transport the vehicle away either by trailer or recovery company. This grade will also state on description vehicle status: Non-Runner. If the vehicle starts and runs with with the fault present we will put the vehicle status as “Runner”. This does not mean that the vehicle will be able to be driven away as the engine will start but a major fault prevents it from driving. If the vehicle is a Import that is not registered then grade 3 will mean not the above but could have minor/major faults with the engine, gearbox or 4wd system. As these vehicles are not road legal due to none registration they will be advised to be transported away by recover or trailered
( Imported Vehicle Lot’s )
There will be one grade for imported lot’s.
The imported lot has been assessed to have faults existing or suspected from the engine bay, gearbox, drive train, braking system and electrical system. As these vehicle import’s are not registered in the United Kingdom and previously registered in the United States or Canada they are not deemed roadworthy regardless of cosmetic condition or mechanical condition. They are not registered vehicles within the United Kingdom. We strongly suggest that every bidder takes the time to book a viewing appointment prior to bidding to make there own opinions prior to placing a bid on these lot’s. If not they will be doing so at there own risk and understand and accept that the guidance H&F International Limited has instructed you prior to registering and you have accepted the terms and conditions ( the contract ) prior to bidding and have disregarded this guidance at your own risk.
- Mileage / Kilometres: ( Verified )- If a lot states verified mileage or kms then we deem there has been no mileage discrepancy's or mileage odometer tampering with the mileage displayed and deem it to be a true reading of mileage / kms at the time of sale
- ( Un-verified ) If a lot states un-verified mileage or kms then we deem there is a mileage discrepancy or the mileage odometer has been changed or tampered with and mileage or kms are deemed totally incorrect and true mileage is unknown at the time of sale
- ( Un-verified due to being a import ) Mileage or kms are deemed incorrect as there is a significant mileage / kms discrepancy due to mileage odometer being changed or tampered with and the mileage / kms and deemed totally incorrect from the mileage / kms that are displayed at the time of sale and the true mileage is unknown
- ( HPI Reports U.K Vehicle Lots ) For vehicle lots we check on the HPI system for any history of accident damage repair's if the vehicle has no history of damage or accidents then we will not place any remarks on the lot description and this should be looked upon as HPI clear.
- If a vehicle lot has a history of accident damage / repairs then this will be located under auctioneer remarks under the category of the damage ie ( cat b, cat c, cat d, cat n, cat s ) and will be located under auctioneer remarks on each lot
- ( Carfax reports U.S / Canadian Import vehicle lot's ) For a imported vehicle lot we take due diligence in finding out as much of the lot's history as possible but due to the vehicle lot being a import we can not warrant the Carfax reports due to the lots coming from outside the united kingdom and not being registered vehicles. We do supply Carfax reports with all additional documents provided to us by our U.S / Canadian vendors. These reports are to be taken as guidance only as milage Discrepancy’s and history reports vary from the united states and Canada. An example of this is (a Carfax report in Canada states there is no accident damage but a U.S.A report will state there has been accident damage) or ( the U.S.A report states the mileage as miles but the Canadian Carfax states kilometres on the mileage record or service record ). Due to this all imported vehicle lots have to be deemed as having previous accident damage recorded present on the carfax report or not and all mileage is deemed incorrect as stated in ( mileage / kilometres section 1, 2, and 3 ). Unless otherwise stated on the lot description or auctioneer remarks located at the bottom of all lot descriptions
Jewelry, Diamonds & Watch’s Descriptions & Grades:
Jewelry Lot Description & Grades
Each jewellery lot has been described by the vendor and checked with an offsite expert jeweller to confirm the jewellery lot is indeed what the vendor has described it to be ie ( Gold, Silver, Platinum, White Gold And so on ), also that the diamonds in such a lot if any are also natural diamonds unless stated otherwise. Every lot of this nature is checked with no exceptions. Any damage to a jewellery lot (if any) will be stated under auctioneer remarks. An example of this is if there is a Clasp Broken, Cracks, loose or lost diamonds and so on.
There will be three grades for jewellery lots
( In new condition )
( Used condition )
( Broken condition
( Diamond Lot’s )
Every diamond lot has been described by the vendor and checked by an onsite and off site diamond expert with GIA Graduate Degree to maintain the highest accurate information on every diamond. All diamonds are loose and come in a protective case or diamond paper with a certified diamond certificate from either GIA, EGL, IGI, HRD, AGI and any other major or minor gemologist institute’s. We do not auction conflict diamonds.
There will be two diamond grades for diamond lot’s
Natural diamond lot’s
( Clarity scale VS2, VS1, VVS2, VVS1, IF, FL ) ( Color scale ) (Faint M, L, K, ) ( Near colourless J, I, H, G ) ( Colourless F, E, D, ). These are natural diamonds lot’s but can also be clarity enhanced diamonds and also HPHT diamonds. These will come under the same category as natural as long as they are natural diamonds to begin with. As stated above you can check the certificate of the diamond with the certificate number provided. This is located on every diamond lot description so you can conduct your own investigation prior to bidding.
( Clarity scale SI1, SI2, I1, I2, I3 ) ( Colour scale ) ( Very light N, O, P, Q, R ) ( Light S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z ). These are natural diamonds lot’s but can also be clarity enhanced diamonds, also HPHT diamonds. These will come under the same category as natural as long as they are natural diamonds to begin with. As stated above you can check the certificate of the diamond with the certificate number provided. This is located on every diamond lot description so you can conduct your own investigation prior to bidding.
Please also note that we place electronic copies of the certificates on each lots photos and also the certificate numbers on the headline of each lot as well as the lot description Electronic Copies may not display all of the physical details held on the original certificate and it is strongly advised you search the diamond certificate number with the grading labs name so you conduct your own investigation prior to bidding and have all the information needed prior to bidding. This information is supplied and not withheld so you can do this if needed without waiting for the information from the auctioneers.
( Lab Grown Diamonds )
These will coincide with the clarity and colour scale of natural diamonds mentioned above however under the ‘Diamond Type Tab’ located on the lot description this will state ( Lab Grown ). Please note that these are CVD,HTHP and are both lab grown diamonds. Even if the diamond is a CVD and has been treated by HPHT then this is still classed as a Lab Grown diamond. Please also note a Electronic Certificate will be available to view on the lot photos. However there will also be the certificate numbers located on the lots headline and also the lot descriptions. Electronic copies sometimes do not provide all the details that are found on the original certificate. It is strongly advised that you use the certificate number and search the grading labs own website for the full information prior to bidding.
Please also note that we place electronic copies of the certificates on each lots photos and also the certificate numbers on the headline of each lot as well as the lot description. Electronic copies may not display all of the physical details held on the original certificate and it is strongly advised you search the diamond certificate number with the grading labs name so you conduct your own investigation prior to bidding and have all the information needed prior to bidding. This information is supplied and not withheld so you can do this if needed without waiting for the information from the auctioneers.
Every watch lot has been described by the vendor and checked by an onsite jewellery expert with knowledge of ( Rolex, Omega, Patek Philippe, Tutor, Bvlgaria, Cartier ) and also an offsite expert Jewelry also. All watches come with original boxes and paperwork unless otherwise stated under auctioneer notes.
There will be two grades for watch lot’s
( In new Condition )
Lot is in new condition
( In used condition )
Showing slightly used wear, no loose or lost diamonds if any, in usable condition with no repairs needed.
Auctioneer Notes: Auctioneer notes can be located at the bottom of every item description. These notes are from the auctioneer addressing any major or minor facts about a lot / vehicle lot that he / she thinks the bidder’s should know about before placing a bid or choosing to select the buy it now option.
Lot Collection Details ( Live Auction Lot’s )
( On Site )
Under Auctioneer notes it will state “On Site” if a lot is physically on site at the collection facility. This means your lot can be booked in for collection as soon as your invoice’s are paid ( Hammer Price Invoice 1/2 ) and ( Buyers Premium Invoice 2/2 )
( In Transit ) - ( Collection from Vendors Address )
If a lot is “In transit to our main collection facility” or “At a Vendors Location”, this will state under auctioneer notes ( In transit ) or ( At Vendors Location ). If this is the case then the guidance for these lots is that they may take up to but not exceeding 30 working days (Not including weekends) to be available for collection. In some cases it will read under auctioneer notes "A collection date can be arranged passed a certain date but it cannot be arranged before this certain date”.
( Imported lots )
As we have locations in the USA and Canada, we do have vendors put forward lots to be sold through the U.K auction, that they want to be sold in the United Kingdom. Once a lot is sold of this nature, the vendor will ship the lot to the United Kingdom. These lots will state under auctioneer notes “In Transit”. These vehicles can take up to but not exceeding 90 working days to be arranged for collection. In some cases a date will be provided to book a collection after a certain date.
Sometimes A vendor will not be able to provide photos for a lot and we will issue the listing with example photos these lots will state under auctioneer notes example photos In some cases photos will be updated before a lot ends but only if the lot is received on site in the time frame to do so.
Please note that we do not warrant any example photos to be the true likeness of the lot in question and we are strictly using these for example purposes only. These can also be recognised by the number plate on a vehicle lot being blank With no numbers or letters showing.
- Payment and fees
- If you have been successful in purchasing a lot in an auction, we will provide you with an invoice for the lot by email within 30 Minutes of the end of the auction (or of you being successful in bidding a “Buy it now” price).
- Unless otherwise stated, all invoices must be paid in full in cleared funds by 48hrs from the invoice date ( excluding weekends ) of the invoice being emailed to you, or before you collect the lot / arrange for delivery, whichever is the earlier.
- Invoices referred to in clause 10.1 are to be paid by BACS (no other form of payment will be accepted) to the account detailed below:
Name of account holder: ( H&F International Limited )
Name of bank:( HSBC )
Account number: 61873024
Sort code: 40-16-10
Swift code: HBUKGB4124D
- We will charge a commission equal to 11% of the purchase price, along with a 4% Internet surcharge ( Plus Vat )
- and this will be set out in the invoice referred to in clause 10.1.
- VAT will be charged on the purchase price for lots that state ( Vat Status + VAT @ 20% ). This will be set out in the invoice referred to in clause 10.1. Also + Vat. lots will also carry a 4% internet surcharge
- None Vat lots will carry a 11% commission charge along with a 4% Internet surcharge ( Plus Vat )
- Jewellery and diamond lots are charged at 11% Plus Vat premium along with a 4% Internet surcharge ( Plus Vat )
- To view these charges on the bidding platform on I-Bidder, Bidspotter, The Salesroom and Live Auctioneers please view the additional charges tab.
- If your bid is successful and you subsequently wish to cancel the contract, then subject to our written agreement and written agreement from the seller, cancellation can take place. However, even if a contract is cancelled, we shall be entitled to charge our commission / buyers premium in accordance with clause 10.4 of these terms. In addition in order to allow the seller to re-auction the lot at no cost to the seller
- If your bid is successful and you fail to collect the lot or arrange for delivery in accordance with clause 11.1 of these terms, we will charge you a storage fee of £50+ vat per day. Also a one off administration fee of £75 + vat will be charged. We will invoice you for storage fees. Payment is to be made in accordance with clauses 10.2 and 10.3 of these terms.
- If you fail to make a payment due to us in accordance with these terms by the due date, then you shall pay interest on the overdue sum. This is charged from the due date until payment of the overdue sum whether before or after judgment. Interest under this clause will accrue each day at the rates set out in and in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 (as amended). Percentage set at 1.5% per day + vat. This 1.5% plus vat is calculated from both the hammer price and the buyers premium excluding vat combined, this will not exceed 14 days. Please also note that there will be a one off Administration charge of £75+vat charged at the beginning of late payment fees or storage charges. Storage is charged at £50 +vat per day for all lot’s
- Collection and delivery
- You shall, at your own expense take away the lot purchased (either personally or via a delivery company) no later than 5 working days (a working day being a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business). After the end of the auction but not before payment to us in full of the purchase price and any other monies owed to us in relation to these terms in relation to the lots (including but not limited to our commission as referred to in clause 10.4). You shall be responsible for any removal, storage and insurance charges on any vehicle not taken away within the time limits specified in this clause 11.1. Time for collection is of the essence.
- You will be responsible for loss or damage (i.e. risk) to the vehicle lot’s purchased from the time that the auction ends (or when a bid for a “Buy it now” price has been accepted), and neither we nor our servants or agents shall afterwards be responsible for any loss or damage of any kind, whether caused by negligence or otherwise, while any vehicle is in our custody or under our control. Accordingly, we recommend that you arrange for appropriate insurance for the vehicle lot.
- We can arrange for any vehicle lot's purchased to be delivered to you. Please contact us directly to arrange delivery. We will charge you for delivery (and invoice you in accordance with clause 10 of these terms). Such charge to be agreed when you contact us to arrange delivery. The charge will vary depending on how far the delivery address is from where the vehicle is situated. If you would like any vehicle to be delivered to you, please contact us and we can put you in touch with a delivery company. Any contract for the delivery of the vehicle will be between you and the delivery company, neither we nor the seller will be a party to it nor have any liability of any nature in relation to it. Further, neither we, nor the seller, nor our or their servants or agents will be responsible for any damage caused to the vehicle either directly or indirectly by the delivery company or its servants or agents at any time.
- You shall be responsible for complying with all legal requirements as to the construction and use of any vehicle purchased and for obtaining all certificates, permits or other authorisations necessary before that vehicle can be used on any road.
- You can only collect your vehicle after having made an appointment with us. You will need to bring a proof of payment with you, and also be wearing a high-vis jacket. While on site, you agree to comply with any relevant health and safety procedures and any reasonable directions given by us or our agents or servants.
- You agree that if a vehicle is unroadworthy or does not have proper documentation to legally allow it to be driven, you will not take it away from the collection point until these matters have been properly dealt with by you.
- If any vehicle is not paid for in full and taken away in accordance with these terms, or if there is any other breach of these terms (in relation to payment of an outstanding sum or otherwise), we, as the agents of the seller (or on our own behalf, as applicable) shall at our absolute discretion and without prejudice to any other rights we may have, be entitled to exercise one or more of the following rights or remedies, that is to say:
(i) to proceed against you for damages for breach of contract, which may include commencing legal proceedings against you for the recovery of monies owed (you may also be liable for our legal fees for pursuing the monies);
(ii) to proceed against you for the debt due under the contract, which may include commencing legal proceedings against you for the recovery of monies owed (you may also be liable for our legal fees for pursuing the monies);
(iii) to rescind the sale of that or any other vehicle sold to you at the same or any other auction;
(iv) to resell the vehicle lot or cause it to be resold by public auction or private sale. You shall then pay us any resulting deficiency in the purchase price at the first auction (together with our commission (as set out in clause 10.4) and any other sums due under these terms) after deduction of any part payment and addition of resale costs. Any surplus shall belong to the seller, unless title to the vehicle has passed to you in accordance with clause 6.15 of these terms, in which case the surplus shall belong to and shall be paid to you;
(v) to remove, store (either at our premises or elsewhere) and insure the vehicle at your expense;
(vi) to charge interest in accordance with clause 10.8;
(vii) to retain that or any other vehicle sold to you at the same or any other auction and release it only after payment of the purchase price and our commission (as set out in clause 10.4) and any other sums due to us under these terms;
(viii) to proceed against you for damages for breach of these terms or to proceed against you for a debt due under these terms (to include but not limited to proceeding against you for non-payment of our commission as referred to in clause 10.4) which may include commencing legal proceedings against you for the recovery of monies owed (you may also be liable for our legal fees for pursuing the monies.
(ix) to reject or ignore any bids made by you at any future auction; or
(x) to apply any proceeds of sale then due or at any time afterwards becoming due to you towards settlement of the purchase price (and our commission (as set out in clause 10.4) and any other sums due to us under these terms) and to exercise a lien on any of your property which is in our possession for any purpose.
- Personal registration plates
Some vehicles for auction will have a personal registration plate. If the personal registration plate is not to be included in the sale, this will be made clear on the auction page of the vehicle and we will also include on the auction page for the vehicle any extra charge to be incurred by us for removing the personal number plate
- Contacting us
You can contact us at the following:
Postal address / Collection Address (this is where any vehicles will be unless stated otherwise): 69 Station yard station Road Fordham CB7 5LW
Email address: Auctioninfo@hfinternationalltd.com
Telephone number: 01638 453300
We, in our sole discretion, reserve the right to issue a warning, temporary suspension, or an indefinite suspension and termination of your rights to use our services if you:
- act inconsistently and in breach of these terms;
- at any time violate or attempt to violate any rights of any other user of our services or third party;
- are engaged in any fraudulent activity; or
- fail to make any payments due to us in accordance with these terms.
- Compliance with laws
You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes and regulations concerning your use of our services.
You shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with any act, omissions or breaches by you of these terms.
- General exclusions
- From time to time our site may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. We expressly exclude all liability howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors.
- We cannot confirm whether the vehicle complies with any applicable health and safety legislation.
- Applicable law
These terms (and any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim of whatever nature in relation to them) shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation thereto.
- Events beyond our control
We will not be in breach of these terms or otherwise liable for any delay in performance to the extent that any delay or failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control and including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these terms is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these terms will not be affected.
1. All Calls Received by H&F international limited are recorded for training and monitoring and legal purposes and entering into these terms and conditions you are agreeing for the recordings to be used for future purposes if needed ( to used in a court of law ) with consent all calls are kept on a secure online server and coincide with GDPR ( Data Protection ) we reserve the right to show A judge in a court of law or any member of staff employed by H&F international limited or auction technology group plc for legal purposes or monitoring purposes. If you do not agree to this please do not enter into this contract or call H&F international limited for any reason set fourth.
- Limitation of liability
- References to liability in this clause 22 include every kind of liability arising under or in connection with these terms including but not limited to liability in contract, tort (including negligence), misrepresentation, restitution or otherwise.
- Nothing in these terms is intended to limit any rights you might have under applicable local law or other statutory rights that may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for fraud or for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence.
- Nothing in this clause 22 shall limit your payment obligations under these terms.
- The terms and the conditions implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended) and sections 3 to 5 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (as amended) are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from these terms
- Subject to clause 22.2, our total liability to you shall not exceed the purchase price of the vehicle in relation to which you have suffered a loss.
- Subject to clause 22.2, this clause 22.6 identifies sets out losses the types of losses which we specifically exclude in relation to you:
- Loss of profits.
- Loss of sales or business.
- Loss of agreements or contracts.
- Loss of anticipated savings.
- Loss of use or corruption of software, data or information.
- Loss of or damage to goodwill.
- Indirect or consequential loss.
No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.
- Third parties
These terms do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 (as amended) to enforce any term of these terms.
If we need to notify you of anything in accordance with these terms, we will do so by communicating with you at the email address you provide us with when you register (as updated by you from time to time), and such email shall deemed to have been received at the time of transmission.
- Clause headings shall not affect the interpretation of these terms.
- References to clauses are to the clauses of these terms,
- Unless the context otherwise requires, words in the singular shall include the plural and the plural shall include the singular.
- Any obligation on a party not to do something includes an obligation not to allow that thing to be done.
- A person includes a natural person, corporate or unincorporated body (whether or not having separate legal personality).
- A reference to a company shall include any company, corporation or other body corporate, wherever and however incorporated or established.
- Any words following the terms including, include, in particular, for example or any similar expression shall be construed as illustrative and shall not limit the sense of the words, description, definition, phrase or term preceding those terms.
- Words in the singular include the plural and in the plural include the singular.
- A reference to a statute or statutory provision is a reference to it as it is in force for the time being taking account of any amendment, extension, or re-enactment and includes any subordinate legislation for the time being in force made under it.
You shall not assign, transfer, mortgage, charge, subcontract, delegate, declare a trust over or deal in any other manner with any of your rights and obligations under these terms.
- Entire agreement
These terms, together with any document expressly referred to within its provisions, contains the entire agreement between (i) us and you, and (ii) you and the seller, relating to the subject matter covered and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter. Nothing in this clause shall limit or exclude any liability for fraud.